Thursday, March 15, 2012

MYTH PROCESS PART 2



After taking another look at my color comp I threw the yellow paper I'm using into the background and changed everything else completely. I think this pops a lot more now. To start my films I blew up and tiled my sketch together for the black and red layers. I overlayed acetate film on my sketches and went at the line work with india ink and a brush and a fine line pen for some of the tight details. After getting the bulk of it down I went back in with an xacto to add some highlights and tighten up some spots. For the red layer I used some torn black construction paper to add a little texture and then filled out the rest with ink and a brush. It's been a few years since I've created films this way and I had forgotten how difficult it is to get dense blacks at times. Off to burn my screens.

1 comment: